The Six Consultation Criteria
From E-Consultation Guide
== The Six Consultation Criteria == 
- Consult widely throughout the process, allowing a minimum of 12 weeks for written consultation at least once during the development of the policy.
- Be clear about what your proposals are, who may be affected, what questions are being asked and the timescale for responses.
- Ensure that your consultation is clear, concise and widely accessible.
- Give feedback regarding the responses received and how the consultation process influenced the policy.
- Monitor your department’s effectiveness at consultation, including through the use of a designated consultation co-ordinator.
- Ensure your consultation follows better regulation best practice, including carrying out a Regulatory Impact Assessment if appropriate.
- Better Regulation Executive (2005) Code of Practice on Consultation www.cabinet-office.gov.uk/regulation/consultation/code.htm