From E-Consultation Guide
(Redirected from Organiser)
- Timeline for setting up a website & the various online features
- What are the time savings between email, e-newsletters & traditional methods?
- How long will the forumn need to run for?
- What are the time savings in terms of data analysis & feedback to participants?
- What is the cost of setting up a website?
- What are the running costs of an e-consultation?
- What are the prices for the relevant software & hardware such as web-iq etc.?
- How can I justify e-consultation in terms of engagement?
- Who are the people likely to use/not use e-consultation?
- Will my success in engaging with technically literate people be outweighed by the loss of engagement with non technically literate people?
Case studies (***)
- What are the examples of successful use of e-consultation in Ireland and/or other countries.
- How will the numbers of participants/non-participants be affected.
- What are the different ways in which I can get people to participate & how are they different to traditional methods.
- What skills (technical) will I need.
- What technical skills will I need to train my staff in.
- What are the skills that my participants will need.
- Will I need to hire a technical expert.
- Will I need to run training days.
- How usable is the technology for people who are not technically literate.
- How do I test the usability of my website & it's features.
- How do I organise the information I collect.
- What are the options for creating datasets etc.
- What kind of software could I use for analysis
- Will I need training
- What are the costs
What is e-consultation (**)
- What is e-consultation
- What are the main techniques
- What are examples of its use
- How much do I need to spend on staff, training, software, equipment and facilities.
- How is promoting an e-consultation different from a traditional one.
- What are the ICT based ways of contacting people with publicity.
- How do I persuade people to use ICT especially the website.
- How do I get people to engage in the consulation once they are on the website.
- How do I use ICT to maintain their interest throughout the process.
Why e-consultation (**)
- When is it appropiate to use e-consulation in instead of or in tandem with traditional methods.
- What are the major issuse in terms of ethics, security, privacy, copyright, intellectual property rights etc.
What techniques can I use to translate
- What my technical experts are teeling me.
- The role & nature of the technology being used to my staff and respondents.
- How can I collect & store information securely
- How do I restrict access to the website & e-consultation to the intended particpants.
- How do I persuade participants that ICT is safe and that they should feel safe in putting their views online.
- Can people view the input of others without being able to tamper with it.
What are the various technologies I could use to
- Publicise the e-consultation.
- Stay in contact & update participants.
- Get theie views.
- Collective writing.
- Conduct a survey.
- Organise meetings.
- Consult over long distnaces.
Design, planning, Stragies (***)
- What are the stages in organising an e-consultation.
- What are the design difference between online & traditional techniques i.e. surveys.